Australians might not feel as at home with this post as Americans, but if your aim is to learn something about American culture I'd recommend it.
As I have mentioned many times, college football is very popular here. Many organisations publish rankings of their top 25 college football teams, which are assembled before the season and updated each week. While many are subjective, others are compiled by computer programs. Around this time last year, I had some time free and decided to write my own computer ranking program. I posted rankings on Facebook each week last season, so I'll put them here this time around.
It takes two weeks to get vaguely sensible rankings, and three to get substantially sensible rankings, so I've just got a top 25 (actually 27, due to ties) so far: they'll be numbered next week.
Alabama
Arizona
Baylor
Boise
Boston
California
Cincinnati
Georgia Tech
Houston
Iowa
Louisiana State
Minnesota
Missouri
N Carolina
Nebraska
Oregon State
Pennsylvania State
Pittsburgh
Richmond (sic)
S California
S Methodist
S Mississippi
Texas
UCLA
ULL
W Virginia
Wisconsin
No comments:
Post a Comment