
Just a quick post today.
After seeing my room thanks to Skype, Mum told me I needed some art for my wall. I entered the lottery to win a piece of art for the year, from the MIT collection. I won my third choice: Chinatown by Varda Chryssa. I have been told that the character depicted means 'news' or 'report'. As far as I know, very few Chinese speakers read this blog, but feel free to correct me if necessary! It was hard work getting it home: it measures almost 100x80 cm and is relatively heavy (actually, I don't think it's the weight but the size that makes the difference).
There wasn't particular meaning in my choice. I was looking for something big, because I had so much bare wall, and I particularly wanted something colourful. Many of the artworks available were not colourful, so I went for this one (after two others). The red provides quite a contrast to the rest of my room, which has a distinct blue theme: partly by choice (bed linen), partly as was given to me (the carpet isn't very blue, but it is made from a mix of blue, brown and grey fibres). It's nice to have something to break up the monotony of white paint.
Week 4 college football rankings
1 Alabama
2 Boise
3 Houston
4 Iowa
5 Texas Christian
6 Lousiana State
7 Michigan
8 S Florida
9 Virginia Tech
10 Auburn
11 Miami
12 Kansas
13 Florida
14 Cincinnati
15 Georgia Tech
16 Oregon
17 Oklahoma State
18 UCLA
19 Wisconsin
20 Texas
21 Missouri
22 Georgia
23 N Carolina
24 Arizona
25 Texas A&M
No comments:
Post a Comment