It now being December, it's hardly surprising that it's been cooling down. Last Friday, the opening night of our show, we had our first real snow. Snow fell on Sunday 18 October, but it melted rather than sitting on the ground. This time it landed and stayed.
Walking along snowy streets is interesting, and a little challenging. I don't feel in particularly great danger of slipping, but I am careful to keep my footfalls reasonably vertical. Perhaps things will change as the snowy weather progresses. This time, the snow seemed to have half melted, so it formed an icy or slushy layer. In a few places, it was more like 'snow': softer (and a little thicker).
As the days progressed, I was a little surprised that much of the snow lingered. It was around in a lot of places for a day or two, and in some shadier places until it rained on Wednesday. Apparently this is expected: when it falls, it will indeed hang around all winter (or until rain) in those places. The weather hasn't been freezing, but it is hanging around in the single digits (30s and 40s fahrenheit). Today is lovely and sunny, but I expect it will still be rather chilly when I head outside soon.
I don't have any photos yet. When there's a thicker covering, I'll make sure I get some.
No comments:
Post a Comment