

The pictures aren't actually from opening night: they're from the first dress rehearsal.
Last night was opening night, and it was a great success. I was actually surprised at how little nervousness I felt: I'm used to being side-on to the audience (playing piano), so I thought facing them might feel very different. I think the men's chorus had better synchronised fan snaps than at any of the rehearsals! Perhaps we still need to make sure we're clear in our enunciation, but that's always an issue when singing.
Performing has been an interesting experience. It feels funny that for the audience, it's all about the show, while the show really doesn't feel very different from the dress rehearsals (although the dress rehearsals felt very different from previous rehearsals), and is even less busy than some of the larger rehearsals.
Pooh Bah seemed to be the audience's favourite. He does have some of the best lines, and Dan delivers them very well: he's just suited to the role (as is his sometime sidekick and leader of the men's chorus, Johnathon as Pish-Tush).
I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and look forward to the rest of the performances. This afternoon I'm helping to run auditions for Trial by Jury, our next show.
No comments:
Post a Comment