It was Kara's birthday last week, so she (and a friend born on a nearby date) had a party on Saturday. They held it at "the coolest place possible": Headquarters Beercade. This is a pub full of arcade games and pinball machines.
We had a good time playing: Mortal Kombat (I was less bad than I expected, perhaps because the controls are much simpler than Super Smash Bros'), NBA Jam (perhaps my favourite, because I'm more of a fan of sports than of fighting), car racing, Donkey Kong, Frogger (I hadn't played it for years, but it's good fun), some generic running and shooting game and Ninja Turtles. The latter was a big cooperative game, but there wasn't much strategy to it: just run towards the ninjas approaching and keeping pressing the 'hit' button. I think the idea was to do it while losing as few lives as possible, but the game was on free play so there wasn't much drawback to dying.
The TVs were matching the theme of the pub, showing Terminator (I don't know of anyone who goes to the pub to watch a movie!) and professional wrestling (and basketball and hockey).
It was also nice to just hang out away from campus and chat, although the music was very loud for a place without a dance floor.
Additionally, the pub is in LAKEVIEW, so I hit my 22nd district.
An unusual night out for you, Matt!
ReplyDeleteNot that unusual: I spend an evening playing games with friends at least once per fortnight!
ReplyDelete