I know Christmas was a while ago now, but I've been busy since then.
On Friday, Jimmy, Fan and I caught up for dinner and to watch The Hobbit. Long ago, I won a free dinner from Jimmy in a bet. Although we have shared meals since then, we've never really got around to settling, so this was the occasion.
We arrived late at the movie (just as the trailers were ending) and our choice of seating was extremely limited, so we ended up looking up and to the right for the whole film. I found it enjoyable, though a little overdramatic. As I remember it, there was a long journey with a few adventures in the book, but this seemed to just be walking from one dangerous situation straight into another. I might become the millionth person to have this impression and decide to reread the book to see what it was actually like.
On Saturday I went to the Mapparium at the First Church of Christ, Scientist. The tour was very brief and I would have liked a little more time to gaze at the globe. It was well worth the $4 we paid for it, though probably not much more! After lunch at the same restaurant as the previous evening, we went ice skating at Frog Pond.
No comments:
Post a Comment