Monday, June 20, 2011

Readers' choice

Rather than boring you with the details of everything I've done since I last posted, I'll give you a quick outline and you can tell me which you want to hear more about.

Thursday: I visited my grandparents in Canberra, discussing our adventures recent and distant.

Friday: I went to Sydney to visit Patrick, where our Scrabble games resembled St George's effort against Parramatta.

Sat/Sun: I met my niece for the first time: she is very cute and smaller than I expected (it's been a while since I knew a baby).

Mon-Wed: I visited Jacqui and Vik in Berry, enjoying the sunny south coast of NSW.

Thursday: I planned Tom's trip to Cambridge, to take place in November and December.

Friday: I went with Mum, Dad and Tom to Jesus Christ Superstar, presented by Wollongong High School of the Performing Arts.

Saturday: I travelled from Wollongong back to Cambridge (without my bag).

Sunday: I learned that late afternoon movies you watch because you are too tired to do much else but want to stay awake to minimise jet lag are just as bad as you expect them to be.

Mon-Wed: I resumed work on a program simulating the transport of lithium in the charging and discharging of batteries, with the eventual aim of modelling unwanted side reactions, and spoke about same with my supervisor.

Tuesday: I worked on this semester's MITGSP show, The Secret Garden, for the first time, as an accompanist.

Thursday: I caught up with some of my MITGSP friends.

Friday: I went to the Boston Pops Orchestra's "Wicked Divas" concert, featuring Julia Murney and Stephanie Block.

Saturday: I wasn't in a fight that had to be broken up by Boston police.

Sunday: I played piano at church for the first time, and had rather a lot of fun.

23 comments:

  1. They all sound so good. This must be what's it like when Tobey Maguire gets scripts from his agent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smatthey: (post about what I've been doing)
    Patrick: you should write about me more

    Smatthey: (post about what I've been doing)
    Patrick: you should write about me more

    Smatthey: (post about what I've been doing)
    Patrick: you should write about me more

    Smatthey: (post mentioning Patrick)
    Patrick: this is boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know who Tobey Maguire is, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cinema knowledge is not quite as non-existent as my pop music knowledge (although before looking him up on Wikipedia I could only name three films in which he has starred).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spider-Mans 1, 2 and 3? You should at least know that he's one of the hottest stars in the world, so he only gets the best scripts from his agent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't Tobey Maguire's agent his brother Jerry?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of the things Jerry Maguire says remind me of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Examples?

    On a related matter, Jerry Maguire is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I will not rest until I have you holding a Coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game *featuring you*, while singing your own song in a new commercial, *starring you*, broadcast during the Superbowl, in a game that you are winning, and I will not *sleep* until that happens."

    It reminded me of something specific you've written (about Panasonic's sponsorship of the 2008 Olympics), and also generally of the way you talk. I think you like repetition in case people don't notice how smart you are the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I do like Coke.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I certainly like free Coke. There's something we have in common.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Next step, the shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I assume your foot size would be bigger than mine. I'm remembering when you told me to be civilised, so I'll leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not necessarily: my feet are small compared with my

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Matthew! Haha I find this post to be very Matthew-like! Actually I like the quick outline, this is by far the easiest format to garner information about somebody's life =P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maybe I should start writing more short posts like this, since people seem to appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I come back every morning to see if you've written anything more about me. I only post comments because I am so bored with life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am not at all bored with life: I'm pleasantly busy despite having much less to do during the summer than usually. I do worry that writing about what I am doing would bore my audience, though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You don't worry about my complete boredom with life?

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're only bored because everything is going right for you.

    ReplyDelete