
This winter has had much more snow than last winter. After late December's large storm, we had another last Tuesday and Wednesday. We had a similar amount of snow: approximately 15 inches. Local schools and most businesses were closed, but the Gilbert and Sullivan group had a rehearsal scheduled! There was little possibility of rescheduling, so I made sure everyone knew we were planning to go ahead as long as there was any chance of getting to MIT. I headed in early and, despite one of our cast members having been given information to the contrary, the student centre was not only open but buzzing with activity. We managed to have every cast member present, and on time: I was very impressed!
On my way to rehearsal, I noticed the beauty of my street and took the above photo, though it really doesn't faithfully depict what I saw.
Since then the weather has been cold, but not freezing (I speak figuratively: literally it has been freezing almost all of the time since then).
Today we had snow in the morning, which turned into light rain for much of the day. Unfortunately the two combined to produce large puddles all over paths and roads. I walked to campus for rehearsal, and about halfway up gave up all attempts to keep my feet dry: I just picked the path that seemed to have shallower water and accepted soaking shoes. I was glad to get home (later than I had hoped because the bus either runs less frequently than I had thought or was hideously late), showered and dry.
We might have a little more snow in coming days and are expecting a cold weekend: -16 to -7 on Saturday!
Brr, that's really cold! We had freezing rain last night in DC, which made for some treacherous sidewalks on my way to school this morning. But, at least my snow boots kept my feet dry, and reasonably sure-footed.
ReplyDeleteI should probably get myself some snow boots, but I was waiting until my first experience of needing them: yesterday was it!
ReplyDeleteYep, I waited until last year's blizzard before I bought mine. They can be expensive, but well worth it.
ReplyDeleteYes: I did a little slipping and sliding and a lot of squelching yesterday, and would rather avoid it.
ReplyDelete