Wednesday, June 30, 2010

In Canada...

The air conditioning thermostat begins at 5 Celsius (41 Fahrenheit).

'Of course we have wireless: it just doesn't work on your floor' (actually, she said nothing of the kind and was very polite - but that doesn't stop the statement from being true).

Conference lunches are three course meals.

My $20 note is paper, but my $10 is plastic.

16 Celsius is shorts and t-shirt weather, and I look silly wearing a jumper and shivering away.

The conference centre is cooled even below the outside temperature.

Smatthey develops a strange tendency to comment on how cold it is, even though it's the middle of summer, just because he's in Canada.

Matthew can influence the universe into giving him a free laptop bag (seriously, I decided I actually did want a laptop bag, and three hours later I got one), but forgot to ask that it was actually big enough for his 17 inch monitor.

The waiter in Chinatown doesn't trust Smatthey's choice of meal (if you don't trust non-Chinese to order it, don't put it on the English menu!).

It seems funny for entree to mean entree again.

Keep watching: I'll tell you all aboot my trip when I get some more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment