Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer


Classes have finished now, so I'm in the interesting position of having plenty of time to blog, but nothing to blog about.

I still go to the office each weekday, to work on my research. I'm beginning to write up one part of what I did this semester, as a paper and also hopefully to use in a grant application (the application will be Martin's job rather than mine, but it would be helpful to have my results).

Weekends are even quieter. I did enjoy a relatively long walk yesterday afternoon, through Cambridge and along the Charles River. I was impressed by the flock of ducks sharing responsibility for their ducklings. Extra points to anyone who can identify the location of this photo.

Let me know if there's anything in particular you want to hear about! I will tell you if I go on any more exciting adventures now that my time is much freer. The main plan for this week is auditions for Sweeney Todd (I'm on the panel, not auditioning).

9 comments:

  1. That photo was taken off the coast of Kingston, Jamaica: I'd recognise Greg Norman's yacht anywhere. Write more about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this photo even though I can't tell you where it is! What I would like is more of the same: go walking round with a camera so we can see your 'world' and share the place with you. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Patrick: well, I certainly wasn't ON the coast of Kingston, but I don't think that's what you meant.

    @Mum: I thought people might like some photos, so I will take that walk you suggest some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you still using your 1-megapixel camera? I took a 12.2 to China: very wide lens, but quite good. Panasonic is the best if you're looking to upgrade. I agree with your Mum: more photos, preferably with witty commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just use the camera on my phone to take photos now. I'm not such a big photographer anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like taking lots of photos, as its proof I actually lived. How would you assess the excitement for Origin I in the USA? I assume it's a fever pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I realised it was approaching when a friend ended an email with "Go Queensland".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is he a state traitor like Greg Inglis and Israel Folau? Terrible referreeing, but Queensland deserved to win by 20.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judging by her accent, I'd say Queensland born and bred!

    ReplyDelete