Dan Alhambra - I mean Don Alhambra - tells the Duke of Plaza Toro and suite how he stole the prince.
That's right, a gondolier on the Charles River! Complete with striped shirt (after seeing him, I would say I looked exactly like a gondolier, except that I was wearing a jacket that I recently discovered was partly for filming convenience).
When alone together...
With ducal pomp and ducal pride!



John and I discuss the difference between a tie and a cravat.
The final moments of the show.Here are some photos from Gondoliers: mostly from opening night, I believe. If people comment, I'll add more photos. I should give a SPOILER ALERT: if you think you might actually want to watch The Gondoliers, you can email me and I'll take away any pictures that could spoil it.
Francesco and I enjoy a nap in our gondola during the overture.
The contadine are proclaiming their passionate love for Marco and Giuseppe, but look anything from terrified to zombified.
Giorgio instructs the kings that they must work hard.
Dancing a cachucha (fandango, bolero).
To those whom we adore we may be reunited.
This sequence took a really long time to learn, but once it felt right, I believe it actually looked very good.
Hi Matt these are great. It's good to have some visuals to complement the written text! mum
ReplyDeleteIs this a blog I see before me? You have to get on Skype before I go to RZA...
ReplyDeleteIf you want even more, keep commenting!
ReplyDeleteYour costume designer deserves an Oscar. Dad
ReplyDeleteI agree, Dad!
ReplyDeleteI've added some pictures of some of our leads with toys representing them, made as presents for our directors and the like.
Hey Matthew! From the pictures the musical/play looks fantastic. I hope you had fun.
ReplyDeleteI like the teddy bear in the dress.
Alicia
Thanks: I thought it was fantastic too! It was certainly fantastically fun.
ReplyDeleteLove the photos! Jac.
ReplyDeleteTwo more, including a rather different one...
ReplyDelete