The Charles has most distinctly melted.
It stays light scarily late: past 7pm. The strangest thing is going to rehearsal while it's still light!
The thought of wearing a jacket is amusing rather than comforting.
The halls are full of pre-frosh on their college tours.
People are discussing spring break plans.
The thought of spending time studying or relaxing in Killian Court seems appealing, not a recipe for icy trousers.
My body's internal sense of season is even more messed up than it has been for the past two and a half years.
The next round of my older colleagues' thesis defences and submissions is coming more thickly.
I stop envying the weather of those back home!
Snap out of it! It's a beautiful sunny day here, mid 20s, and the rugby league has already begun. But the equinox is this Saturday so, just like the song says, "everything ends". Where are you going for Spring Break? The library?
ReplyDeleteWe're expecting 18s for the next few days. Given that other than a few days the weekend before last, we haven't been above 8, there's a distinct feeling of warmness.
ReplyDeleteIncidentally, we had 180 mm of rain over the weekend. It was never particularly heavy: I guess it was 3 mm per hour for 60 hours straight.
Yes, things are definitely autumnal here. It's dark when we walk the dog and I'm more often in jeans than shorts. It's easier to accept when I think the sun is heading to you! Mum
ReplyDeleteIt seems that the daylight saving transition here happened to coincide with the start of warmer, sunnier weather, increasing the impact.
ReplyDeleteOur daylight saving period is really long: it goes from the equivalent of the middle of September to the beginning of May - almost two thirds of the year.
Smatthey, daylight saving is the curse of the Australian-based European football fan. Only two weeks to go, and Spurs v the Arse will be on at 9:30pm. Of course, that will mean less talking to you at 4am, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice...
ReplyDeleteYou do realise that I'm willing to talk until 1:30pm, right?
ReplyDelete