Monday, March 22, 2010

Patrick Avenell: great dancer

I'm afraid this post is going to be somewhat disappointing.

When I was asking for topic suggestions (you're still welcome to give them), Patrick wanted "Patrick Avenell: great dancer". Since I haven't done anything especially exciting in the last couple of days (nothing that can't wait, anyway), I thought I'd return to this topic.

I had at one point a video that should have shown Patrick dancing. The problem is, when I went to look for it, I realised that I had deleted it from my USB disk (I only brought 2GB of data from Australia to the US, and it was a very large file). I still have it on CD back home, but that's not much help to me now.

So, I now call upon Anna for a favour. Do you happen to still have the videos you took at my farewell dinner? If so, it would be great if you can find the dancing video, and either
(a) compress it a bit and email it to me, or
(b) let me know, and I'll give you access to the blog in order to post it.

Once this is done, we can make up our minds whether Patrick is indeed a great dancer.

14 comments:

  1. You're right. It's disappointing! Now, Vik took a video of Dad and JJ's dance session last Saturday, that might be more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you feel like it, you're welcome to look for the CD from Anna: I left it at Grampian St.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please everybody settle down. And stop with the criticism.
    Smatthey: this is your greatest blog ever. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hope I can get my hands on that video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't need no stinking video. If there's one thing every one knows about me, I'm brutally honest; when I say I'm a good dancer, it mean I'm a good dancer. At the very least, I'm as good a dancer as you are a friend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, there was a compliment in there for you somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That it's possible to compare my friendship with your dancing ability?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and as your own heading declares, I am a great dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to have a question mark, but decided that could wait until I get my hands on that video.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, when everyone sees the video, we'll all know how good a friend you are...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I do have the video where you tell me that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where should I start looking? Mum

    ReplyDelete
  13. It could be in the stack of CDs near the computer. If not there, I don't know where it would be so don't worry and I'll ask Anna.

    ReplyDelete