Saturday, October 17, 2009

Concerts


Tuesday evening was the third in the series of BSO concerts with free tickets for MIT students. Normally Tuesday would be a good day for me, but this time I had class (Monday was Columbus day, so Monday's schedule took place on Tuesday) at the time I would have needed to pick up the tickets. An hour before the concert, however, Max mentioned that his friends could no longer go, and offered me two tickets. I rang two of the very few people whose phone numbers I possess, and the second (Joey, a friend from church) could come.

While walking around looking for someone to come (almost literally looking: I would have offered the second ticket to anyone I saw who I knew, had I bumped into someone before finding someone by phone), I saw these walking down the street. I know the photos are rather grainy, but I think the elephants in the middle are clear. It's not every day one sees elephants walking down Mass Ave (the main street of Cambridge, running through the middle of MIT), and there were many people flocking to have a look. A circus carriage was following.

I enjoyed the orchestra concert, but last night I went to one I enjoyed even more. The MIT symphony orchestra put on a concert for family weekend. I have heard someone mention that MIT is one of the best arts schools on the east coast, and it showed! I was really disappointed that the crowd wasn't larger: we looked very sparse in Kresge auditorium. I would actually say it was my favourite concert of the week.
That could change shortly: I'm off to another concert (also for family weekend) tonight.
(These are from last weekend, since I haven't posted since then.)
1 Alabama
2 Florida
3 Boise
4 Iowa
5 Cincinnati
6 Virginia Tech
7 Lousiana State
8 S California
9 Oregon
10 Texas
11 Texas Christian
12 Miami
13 S Florida
14 Ohio State
15 Kansas
16 Notre Dame
17 Wisconsin
18 Nebraska
19 Washington
20 Auburn
21 Georgia Tech
22 Oklahoma State
23 Houston
24 Arizona
25 S Carolina

2 comments:

  1. The photo looks great, quite theatrical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I think it's a photo only a mother could love

    ReplyDelete