Sunday, June 15, 2014

Back onstage!

For my first five semesters at MIT, I performed onstage with the MIT Gilbert and Sullivan Players. I would have liked to have continued, but I decided that it was not a good idea to have an onstage role while simultaneously studying for part III, so I took a semester off in Spring 2012. Unfortunately, the semester off turned into all the semesters off. I have been involved by playing piano, but I miss being onstage.

So when a summer show was planned, with a lower than usual time commitment, I decided I'd take the opportunity to get back onstage. I auditioned on Wednesday, and today was offered the role of Frederick/Alexis. I certainly hope the songs will be transposed down!

I'm looking forward to a fun couple of months (although I'll miss a big chunk in the middle due to my trip home).

2 comments:

  1. I had good fun at the first rehearsal, and the rehearsal schedule looks light, which makes things easier!

    ReplyDelete