I've been spending some more time looking into where I could apply to go for a postdoc beginning in a year or so. Here is a rough list I have at the moment. I've included maps to give people an idea of where places are, breaking it up by region of the US (you can ignore the blue lines).
Northeast:
(A) Yale
(B) Pennsylvania
(C) Princeton
(D) Cornell
(E) Massachusetts
(F) Columbia
You'll notice Boston and Cambridge in the northeast corner of this map.
West:
(A) UC Santa Barbara
(B) Colorado
(C) UCLA
(D) Washington
(E) UC Davis
Midwest:
(A) Chicago
(B) Michigan
(C) Illinois
(D) Minnesota
South:
(A) Johns Hopkins
(B) Duke
(C) Rice
Outside the US, I'm thinking about Cambridge, and Martin also suggested ESPCI in Paris.
In October I'm going to a birthday conference for Bob Behringer, a somewhat famous statistical physicist. I hope to be able to meet many of the people I might contemplate applying to work with.
My decision is still a long way off, but the lists getting long enough that you shouldn't be surprised if the place I end up going is already on it.




Well, that covers quite a lot of the country! Thanks for the update.
ReplyDeleteAnd the most recent advice I've received is moving the possibility of heading to the UK upwards a little.
ReplyDelete