Thursday, October 25, 2012

My second paper

This post may be sudden and surprising to you: more so to me!

As you know, the Friday before last, I submitted a paper for publication.  The succeeding Monday, I received an email from a collaborator in Australia, mentioning that she was about to submit a paper based on a draft I wrote before I left Australia in 2009.  She has now done so, so I currently have two papers being considered for publication.

The Australian paper is on polyrotaxanes: polymer molecules with tiny hoops threaded on them.  If you fix one hoop and pull the end of the polymer, the presence of the additional hoops influences the behaviour.

It will probably be weeks or months before I hear back from the editors about either.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Matt. A good day to share the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the second paper was something of a present!

    ReplyDelete