Wednesday, September 19, 2012

An Australian evening

On Wednesday I went to see a set of Australian short films, put on by LSC (a student group that shows movies on campus) and the American Australian Association.

First I met Anna for dinner at Za.  Anna has just passed quals (congratulations, Anna!) and is enjoying the feeling that brings, as I was a few months ago.  The pizzas at Za are quite good and very filling.

We arrived just in time for the start of the films.  Most of them were more serious than I expect from short films: there was one (The Palace) set during the war in Cyprus (I think there's often a war in Cyprus), which was very well done but disturbing.  Even one of the sillier movies (Bear) involved death and serious injury.  There were a couple of funny ones at the end.

We then enjoyed some Toscanini's, making the most of the end of the ice cream weather!

2 comments:

  1. Ah gourmet ice cream. It was warm enough in Queensland to consider eating it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment gets much funnier if one assumes that the two sentences are unrelated.

    ReplyDelete