Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring

After one last little fall, I believe the snow has finished for the winter, and we've had a lot of nice weather lately.

I've continued to keep myself busy with fun activities in addition to my research and exam preparation.

I went with Kelsey to see Sudbury Savoyards' production of Ruddigore.  It was an enjoyable show, though I think MITGSP's are slightly better (no bias, of course).

I spent some time at the MIT grad students' art soiree.  I was very impressed at the quality of the art, and also enjoyed chatting the friends.  Jimmy presented me with a puzzle that had stumped him and David for two days: they had bet whether Sam or I would be able to solve it quicker.  I set a time of 20 minutes for Sam to beat.  I haven't heard for sure, but I suspect I won the bet for Jimmy.  Perhaps practice for thinking on my feet at part III.

I had two very enjoyable Japanese lunches with friends: one sushi, one hotpot (the lunches, not the friends).  I am disappointed that I didn't know about the $16 all-you-can-eat sushi while Tom was in town (though, if I had taken him there, it might have gone broke before my friends and I had a chance to eat there last weekend).

I went with John to see Les Miserables, in Boston on its 25th anniversary tour.

I visited the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum, a lesser-known but very pleasant museum in the Fenway district.  Actually, it may only be lesser-known in that it doesn't automatically spring to mind, being more of a personal than a Boston institution: it is a significant collection.  I look forward to taking my parents there in May.

2 comments: