Saturday, May 21, 2011

Coming home!

It's currently a little after 4 pm in Boston, and I'm on my way home. The trip from campus (I was on campus to try to check in online, though it didn't work - I think I simply can't for international flights and have to accept that) to the airport was smooth, though crowded and slow at one point (there appeared to have been a minor traffic accident that we had to go past). Security was - well, security, and now I'm safely sitting at the gate waiting for boarding at 4:50.

14 comments:

  1. You'll be back in time for State of Origin. I'm supremely confident of a New South Welsh victory and will be betting accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in time, yes. Bother watching it, not so sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering it is the most watched sports event of the year I expect you to actively avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it might depend on whether Tom has homework he needs to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surely no homework is set on State of Origin night? Does Tom read this or, unlike me, does he have a life?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think he only occasionally drops in. I will see whether he does have to do homework: he may well be able to arrange it around the game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used to get State of Origin night off homework, and this was at a rugby union school. Surely in league heartland it is illegal?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps Yass High School is simply a more academically inclined school than St Ignatius' College?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's possible, though considering our meagre sporting returns, that would make it a wholly unappealing institute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, it will all remain idle speculation for a little longer as Tom has not yet returned from school.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The suspense is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't ask, but he didn't seem to have too much homework last night, so I suspect he'll be able to have any he does have done by kickoff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How is Yass going? Are you being overstimulated?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very well. No.

    I'm heading out shortly to watch Tom play soccer for the Yass High team.

    ReplyDelete