Friday, February 25, 2011

Oscars preview

By popular demand (well, demand, anyway), here is a preview of the Oscars. To be fair, I'm limiting it to films I've seen.

The end.

4 comments:

  1. Yeeeeah, I hear you. Of the films nominated for anything, I saw Inception and Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw two films at the cinema during 2010: Avatar and Bran Nue Dae, neither of which was eligible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the reigning Intermedia Group office Oscars tipping champion, my predictions have some degree of prescient validity. I expect the awards to be split this year, with the six major awards all being won by different films. Only The Fighter can upset this strange occurence, if Mr Bale and Ms Leo both win in the Supporting categories. Interesting tidbit of information: Mr Bale already has an Oscar. Steven Spielberg gave his Best Director Oscar for Schindler's List to Bale as a present in recognition for his work on Empire of the Sun. Bale hadn't yet resumed his career, so Spielberg must have doubted his ability to win one competitively. Melissa Leo was once in my all time favourite procedural drama: Homicide: Life on the Street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My predictions are:

    Picture: The Social Network
    Actor leading: Jesse Eisenberg
    Actor supporting: Geoffrey Rush
    Actress leading: Natalie Portman
    Actress supporting: Melissa Leo
    Animated: Toy Story 3
    Art: Alice in Wonderland
    Cinematography: Inception
    Costume: Alice in Wonderland
    Directing: The Fighter
    Documentary feature: Waste Land
    Documentary short: Killing in the Name
    Film editing: The Fighter
    Foreign: In a Better World
    Makeup: The Wolfman
    Score: The King's Speech
    Song: I See the Light
    Short animated: The Lost Thing
    Short live: The Confession
    Sound editing: The Fighter
    Sound mixing: Inception
    Effects: Inception
    Writing adapted: The Social Network
    Writing original: The Fighter

    ReplyDelete